21 Nov The Pros and Cons of a Holiday Destination Wedding in Turks and Caicos
There’s a lot to think about when it comes time to plan for your dream destination wedding, and one of the biggest decisions to make is deciding what time of year to get married. While this decision is important when you are having a local wedding, if you are planning a destination wedding, this decision needs to be considered carefully. It’s not uncommon for a couple to tie the knot during Thanksgiving or Christmas break, mostly because many are off from school or can take paid time off from work. However, there are some things to consider before deciding to hold your dream wedding during the holidays. Learning more about the pros and cons of a holiday destination wedding in Turks and Caicos can help you make one of the biggest decisions you will need to make during the planning stages.
What are the Pros and Cons of a Holiday Destination Wedding in Turks and Caicos?
• Getting married over a holiday break means that it will be easier for some of your guests to get time off. Certain guests will be more likely to attend since time off can be easier to get during the holiday break. Of course, this depends on the nature of their business/work. While some may not have this luxury, some of your other guests might already have time off or be able to take a few days off to attend the wedding.
• If family is important to you, and you are looking to invite friends/family and their children to your wedding, planning to hold the ceremony during a holiday break can make it easier for everyone to attend. Besides scoring brownie points with their parents, it’s a great way to ensure that everyone (or almost everyone) can witness the big day, and there are no worries about the children missing school.
• If you are looking to keep your wedding small and intimate, having a destination wedding in Turks and Caicos is an excellent way to help keep the number of guests at your wedding low. So, if you can’t afford a big wedding, or don’t have the heart not to invite people (even if you don’t want them to attend), having your wedding celebration away from home, during the holidays, makes the perfect excuse for many to decline the invitation.
• Having your destination wedding in Turks and Caicos means you can turn a wedding into your guests’ vacation time. Plus, for the newlyweds, Turks and Caicos make for an excellent honeymoon location. There’s no better place to unwind and relax, all while enjoying some of the most breathtaking beaches in the world. Plus, Turks and Caicos offers plenty of exciting things to do as a newlywed couple-making the perfect equation for memories that you will cherish for a lifetime.
• Traveling during a holiday break often means a more hectic and sometimes more expensive commute. You might have to deal with holiday crowds, and hotel and venue rates will probably be higher since you are trying to tie the knot during the holiday season. So if you are dealing with a limited budget and/or hate holiday traffic, getting married over holiday break may not be the best option for you.
• If you are looking to have a big wedding, then holding your destination wedding over a holiday break may not be the best choice. During the holidays, many opt to stay close to home and traditionally celebrate the holidays, so you might draw a smaller crowd if this is the case. If you are not looking to hold a small, intimate wedding, then holding your wedding over a holiday break may not be the best option.
• If you are looking for discounted rates, then having your wedding over Thanksgiving or Christmas break is not the best choice for you. During this peak time, it is unlikely you will be able to save any money. This is especially true if you decide to hold your wedding on Thanksgiving or Christmas Day. In fact, you might have to pay extra to entice the staff to work on the day that they could be at home, spending time with friends and family.
No matter what you decide, holding your wedding in Turks and Caicos is an excellent choice, no matter the time of year. At Mermaid Photography, we specialize in capturing and preserving all of your wedding memories so that you can cherish them for a lifetime. If you are planning to tie the knot, contact us today for a complimentary consultation!