03 Apr Making the Most of Your Island Vacations
The sun is out, the days are long, but it’s all coming to an end soon. However, there’s still time to take one or two island vacations this year.
Maybe you have a traditional spot your family visits every year, or maybe you like to explore new places.
When we think of a vacation, we visualize tropical, white sand beaches and warm sunshine. There is nothing more relaxing than an easy day at the beach with no plans. Everyone loves to lay in the sand and read a good book to the soothing sounds of the waves.
There is no better way to capture the essence of summer or escape the cold than a tropical island. Right off the coast of Florida, there are many fun islands to visit. These islands include: Jamaica, St. Lucia, Grenada, British Virgin Islands, the Bahamas, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Barbados and Turks and Caicos.
Island Vacation Benefits
Visiting a smaller island offers a unique, unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience.
The pace of life is slower and the crowds are smaller. You have all the time in the world to catch rays or explore local wildlife in virtually untouched natural surroundings. Add a stamp to your passport and experience the excitement of discovering a new culture and way of life.
Above all, there is the prestigious novelty of vacationing on such beautiful, exotic, exclusive islands. You can be sure that friends and family will be eager to hear about your travels.
Things To Do On Island Vacations
There are so many things to do on island vacations to keep the memories alive, no matter your interests.
- Excursions are one of the more popular ways to experience various islands. From ATV tours to horseback riding, to zip lining through the jungle, there are endless guided adventures waiting for you.
- Breathtaking waters surround each island and hold a variety of incredible sea life. Snorkeling and scuba diving are the perfect way to see it all up close. By hiring a photographer, you hold physical memories of swimming with dolphins and other sea animals.
- Island hikes are unforgettable experiences. Go on a hike and explore the wildlife, local plants, waterfalls and so much more.
- Every island has its own culture. Try the local food, visit shops and markets, or even attend concerts and shows that showcase local culture. Diving in and trying it all is the perfect way to really get to know where you are.
- You can’t forget about simply relaxing on the beach when you’re on an island. It’s great to take some down-time from all the adventures and just unwind.
Documenting Your Island Vacations
Sure, you can take pictures with your phone or camera, but why not splurge and have your family portrait taken by a professional photographer?
A local photographer who is familiar with the area will know where the optimal photo locations are. They also know how local weather conditions affect photos. A professional family photo of your dream island vacation can be displayed and cherished for years to come. Create a photo album and hang a favorite photo or two on your wall. To make even greater use of your photos, showcase the best part of your year on your holiday card.
There are many other ways to document your trip and preserve your memories.
Don’t hesitate to pick up that handmade souvenir you’ve been eyeing, a seashell on a beach, or even put some sand in a bottle. Dry a local flower in a book or purchase a local treat or snack to take home.
The options are endless, but be sure to follow local rules and guidelines when taking items from nature.
If you’re headed to a summer vacation on the Turks and Caicos Islands, contact us at Mermaid Pictures and Printing. We’d love to capture your family’s once-in-a-lifetime adventures so they can be displayed and treasured for years after.